Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Venting moment - Update

Ok, so now that the day is coming to a close (for offices anyway) Here is where things stand. If you are completely lost and don't understand what I am talking about, leave this post and read the previous on titled, "A Venting moment."

I am definite calmed down a bit from earlier. Don't get me wrong I am still very fustrated by this whole situation, definitely mine more than Nicholas', but "this too shall pass." As for Nicholas, this is where things are at the moment. I spoke with his ENT directly and she shared that the sleep center believes he should go on a CPAP to help keep his airway open. She is concerned about this, because he is only 2. She understands why they are recomending it and that it will/would be beneficial, she just isn't sure how well he would do with it strapped to his face. :) She is also hesitant to "jump" into surgery because it can also be very hard on little kiddos. So, where do we go from here? Well, the gameplan is to go down and again see Dr. S who we saw when Nicholas was just 3 weeks old since he is a Pediatric ENT and has a specialty with little guys and high palletes and small jaws. We are hoping to connect this appointment with his Nuerology appt. that we are scheduling in Sept so we do not have to make an additional trip to the cities. Hopefully he can shed some light on what he thinks is best and where to go from there. I am going to chat with Dr. M again tomorrow and see if we can also get his "fitting" schedule for the CPAP mask, because this also needs to be done in the cities, so that should Dr. S recommend or we decide to go forward with it, we don't have to make another additional trip to the cities! I think I am ok with all of this and at peace that this is the "next step."

So, as for the serious mess that was created in my case and I am SOOO GRATEFUL, to my friend Erika for catching it. So, basically whoever scheduled mt appointment really did not fully understand what the heck they were supposed to be doing. I specifcally told them that I need a Perinatologist appointment and that they only came up from the cities 2-3 times a month. I am not sure what in the world they thought I needed. They schedule me with an OB who is in Fargo and as a new patient of his. I have a doctor and I am very happy with him, I don't need or want another. I confirmed that this was actually the case today and canceled that appointment. Oh man, how irate we would have been had we gone to that appointment and Doug had taken the day off of work to realize that it was just another "OB" appointment and I just had one last Monday. I still am just baffled and how they got that so confused when I told them exactly what was needed. So, here-in lies the problem. The next appointments they have available are next Wed Sept. 4th and 2 weeks after that Sept 18th. I told them to try for the 4th, but that they needed to work around an appointment I have scheduled at 940 with Nicholas' cardiologist. After I talked with them and told Doug about it he happened to talk to his boss and his boss share that he may not be able to get the day off of work because it is only 2 day after Labor Day and they are going to have to play catch up as it is. This of course is hard for me because I was ready for answers to be had and peace to be felt (either way) in just 2 days and now it looked like we might have to wait 3 weeks. One of the nurses that works with Dr. V called me back and said that she talked with the OB department and they are aware of what needs to happen, but that the scheduler who takes care of it all was not currently at her desk, but they would keep working on it. I shared with her that my husband may not be able to get the 4th off so we may have to go to the 18th, her response, "No, you need to be next week. They are going to work you in, because of how far along you are, it needs to be now!" basically it is supposed to take place somewhere between 20-26 weeks and had they scheduled it right, I would have had this done last week when they were in town and I would have been just beyond 26 by 2 days. Now, it will be beyond 26 by 2 weeks and 2 days. I am only hoping at this point that they remember that I have an appointment with my youngest and his cardiologist that Morning!

At this point, I am not even going to start worrying about the fact that depending on when it is scheduled I may or may not be home to get Jonathan off of the bus, but I will cross that bridge when I get there and figure out what I am going to do at that time. I don't have a time set yet, but I should get that in the morning. Or tonight if my girlfriend calls me back, because she see when they have it scheduled for since she works until 11 tonight. I think this is all the updates to be had. My little Nicholas would like to leave a word or two of his own, so I am going to leave you with that.


f cbnm~Q

1 comment:

Christine said...

Sheila, does Nicholas need his adenoids out, or are the passage ways really small? Gregory's adenoids blocked 80-90% of his nasal breathing passage ways, so he couldn't really breathe through his nose at all, and this also caused the worst sleep apnea. He had surgery before he was 3, and it was an overnight change. It was so amazing how different he felt and acted, and how much less he threw up at night. Before that he basically had the same passages for breathing and eating - his mouth. It was bad. I don't think the surgery was that big a deal. Just a thought.