I am stealing this idea from some friends of mine. If nothing else it will get me to post at least once a week (not that, that will get me to my goal of 40). Basically it means I leave 7 short little takes on our week, or whatever it is I decide to share.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have awesome friends. Fridays, is typically our day for play dates and we rotate houses. Well today was at our friend Sarah's house and I needed, (I mean the kids really, really wanted to go!!!!) to get out of the house and let Jonathan run, because he was driving me crazy. Problem - He didn't want to eat the food he asked for, for seconds and I am done wasting food, so we didn't get to leave until he was finished (which he did finally do). We spent a total of an hour tops there, but I have the greatest friends. Why you might ask? Well, because as soon as we got there, they both looked at me and said, "Breathe, it's ok." Lol, I love that I can have a 'moment' and they totally get it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Continuing on the awesome spectrum, are my parents. I mean all grandparents are pretty awesome, but I love that fact that my parents live so close and my kids are so close with them. My mom came to pick up Montana and head to the lake (we are heading out tomorrow morning). I walked out to give her a couple things and she says, "I am sure Dad would love to have Jonathan come out too." So I ran inside and packed up a few things for him for the night and he is gone. Now, we can have a quiet night (ha ha) and get ready to go and head out first thing tomorrow morning! Seriously, grandparents are awesome!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nicholas is a babbling machine. When he is not sleeping, and often at times when he is SUPPOSED to be sleeping, he is just talking up a storm. None of it is yet decipherable, well other than a few small, short words, Hi, occasionally it seems like "here" comes out when he is handing something to us, but not certain. However, listening to him jabber none stop (for the most part) is a lot of fun. If I could figure out how to post videos on here, I would, but having a difficult doing that, so we will have to see. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Date night last night was wonderful. We enjoyed a little bit of a belated anniversary dinner and did some quick errands, without the boys, because well, let's face it, anything without the boys goes faster! It was a wonderful evening which we both enjoyed a lot. We also picked up Jonathan's supply list for school that starts in just 2 weeks, but will expand on that in a minute! When we got back home, I was pissed to say the least. I will try to not rant, but let's just say I am sooo ready to find a house! What I came home to was broken glass all over the sidewalk coming up from the street as well as broken glass close to the "sandpit" under the playground area. I shared with out sitter and she said, "yeah I watched them do it." Oooh I was pissed. I mean seriously there are so many kids our playing all the time unsupervised and this is what happens. There are a lot of little kids that like to play outside too and they are ruining it for everyone else. GRRRRRR! Ok, end rant
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, School start for Jonathan is 2 weeks and I have yet to do any school shopping of any kind. Last year he needed a backpack and 3 other things, Very simple, but it will be when he is only there 2 days a week for 2.5 hours. This year he is there for 3 hours a day 5 days a week so his list of necessities is a little longer. We happened to be in a store that had the lists so we started price checking. What did I find??? I will be stealing mom and dad's Sunday paper and checking out all the ads on Sunday to find the best deals for everything we need. It isn't a terrible amount of items, but still more than I am used to since this is his first year, going 5 days a week.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have to toot my own horn for a minute. I feel I was fairly productive yesterday. (I still have a lot to do, but you always have to start somewhere right?) I went through paperwork and sorted out the garbage and put it there. Seems silly right? But for whatever reason it seems in our house garbage does not always make it right into the garbage. Anyway, I have sorted out the paperwork and was able to update my datebook with all the happenings going on in the next few months. The next few weeks are a little crazy with Nicholas' therapy appointments and all of the "newcomer" and back to school functions. Yikes! It gets a little crazy. But, my datebook has it all in, which is awesome. Haven't been that organized in a while. Starting somewhere and it feels great!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For the 7th one, I am going on a mom's night tonight. I have never gone with this group of ladies before so I am a tad bit nervous (not a lot, but just a little). There are some good friends of mine in the group, but they are not going to make it. The plan is to go bowling from 7-8 and then head to Mexican Village for non-Alcoholic Margaritas after. Sounds like a lot of fun right? I am hoping so, at least I hope I don't make too much a fool of myself. :) I haven't bowled in a while, and well I haven't bowled 5 1/2 months pregnant in, well, I am not sure I ever have. Here's to having a great night and staying upright the whole night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stay tuned for more live updates as the weeks continue so I can achieve my goal. Who knows, maybe be the end of August, I will have more posts in this month alone that I had in the past 3 years combined. The total is 20 and this one makes 3 for the month and 11 for the year, so I will be close!
2 comments:
Grandparents are the best! Date night. or even just shopping without the kids is always a nice treat. And lastly mom night sounds amazing. I do a girls weekend with my friends every summer and it is so refeshing but once a year jusr isnt enough with those awesome ladies.... we are working on planning happy hour/dinner once a month and I think that sounds awesome. Hope you have fun and I will be looking for more posts!!
No idea why it posted as from my business name.... silly phone!!
Post a Comment