Thursday, August 22, 2013

1st Day of School

Today was Jonathan's first day at his new preschool. He is going to Holy Spirit and will be there 5 days a week in the mornings. As per earlier posts he was clearly VERY EXCITED about going back to school. Here are a few of the pictures that we were able to capture. I am not sure you will able to tell from any of them just how excited he was about today and how much fun he had, because he has absolutely NO expression on his face!!! When I asked him how his day was when he got home his response was, "IT WAS SOOO MUCH FUN!!!!!!" I put it in all caps because that is how he said it, he yelled it! I think it is going to be a GREAT year. Enjoy the pictures and we would love your comments. I am sure Jonathan would love to hear from all of you!
 
 
Just outside of our garage as we are loading up the van on our way to school.
 Can you tell he is excited????
 
A close up so you can see his face. It was a little bright with the sun,
 but still a super cute picture.
 
He kept telling me it was too bright, but here is picture
 in front of his new school. He of course couldn't look at me,
because there was too much going on. Actually, at this exact
 moment the bus was coming in to drop off all the kids that get
on at Shanley, so that has his rapt attention!

I moved so he didn't have to look into the sun anymore,
 but still couldn't get him to pull his eyes away from the bus!
 
After hanging his backpack up on his hook he was ready to go,
 but still being silly! You can see his teacher's dress
in the bottom right corner. He says he really likes his teacher!!
 
I don't think this picture really needs any words!!!
His face says it all!!!! Love this one!!
 
This is the big bus that brings him home everyday. It was just a
little (or a lot lol) late today, but being the first day, they took their
time and made sure all the kids were where they were supposed to
be before they left school. This is one of Jonathan's favorite pictures.

2 comments:

Berbs33 said...

oh my gosh Sheila, he looks so grown up! You can truely see the excitement in his face! And can I say... he is one cute boy! Great job on your first day Jonathan - hope you have a great school year.

Anonymous said...

Jonathan,

Can't believe you had your first day of school already and on a BIG bus. You aren't big enough to be on a BIG bus yet. I think I'll need to ask them to get a little bus for you. Wish I had been there when you got off the bus, but I needed to got things done. I'm sure I'll see you get off that BIG bus another day.

Love you lots,

Grandma