Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sleep Study

I am going to keep this post short for a number of reasons. 1 - I took my contacts out and then realized I forgot my glasses at home. I can see, just harder on my eyes. 2 - I want to get the light out as soon as possible and 3 - I want to take advantage of him sleeping and get some z's myself. I am hoping to upload a few pictures on here. I apologize if I can't turn them, I am not able to edit them on my mom's laptop for some reason. Forgive me. I also want to say that Nicholas was a trooper. I knew he was super tired because I had to wake him this morning and he only took maybe an hour and a half nap, maybe! I am grateful that he was tired, because hopefully it will help him to sleep soundly and allow them to get all the information they need. As he was being hooked up to all the "attachments" he didn't really fight it at all. He wasn't the happiest kid in the world, but he just kind of watched and took it in stride. He did however, get a little irritated when we put the pulse "thingy" on his toe and again when we had to fix it because it was reading correctly. Part of that is because I was holding his foot and that typically is associated with trimming his toe nails, the other is that he is so stinkin ticklish that it tickled, but once we had it on and put his sock back on, he was good. The other time he was not a fan of ours is when he put the one on his upper lip so it can read his breathing and snoring and whatever else they are needing or wanting to record. It is quite interesting, I will admit. Once it was all attached he pretty much left everything alone. We did add some extra tape to his nose "thingy" (I will try to get a close up picture of that in the morning) and I will hate removing that, but it will keep it in place and for the most part keep him from yanking it off. We also have good news that they really only need 2-4 solid hours of sleep to collect all the data they need. Obviously if they get more awesome, but if not, it is ok. That makes me a feel a whole lot better because I was concerned if he should wake or get fussy or anything. Ok well he just moved again so I want to get the computer off so I can turn the overhead light off, because they don't have a small lamp that can be used. Oh well, enjoy the photos and when we get the results I will be sure and let ya'll know where things are at. Maria, our technician from tonight, said we should have some answers by the end of the week. I am good with that. Now enjoy a few pictures of our little trooper!


Here he is snoozing away. I love how peaceful they are when they sleep. It took him a little while to get to this point, but he finally stopped fighting it and let his eyes close for the night.



Same general picture, but this is the jail he is in for the night, but it will keep him safe and that is what really matters. It is pretty cute. 


A better shot of him in the crib. Seriously the sides on this thing are super high. I can't hardly reach him by going over the top. I know it is a safety thing and I am grateful, but also glad this is not something we have to do on a regular basis. 

 One last one. A little close-up of our Munchkin while he sleeps. if you look closely you can see the taped "thingy" on his cheek. I really am so proud of him because he was great!

Thanks for all your prayers, Keep them coming and I will keep you updated when I know more. I will also try to post just some pics of the boys tomorrow and they are hams and Jonathan loves to ham it up if he knows it is going to "go" somewhere. lol Ok forgive me, I don't know how I managed to hit a button that makes the background different, but I have been playing with it for over 10 min and I am done. So, if anyone knows how I can fix it, in case I do it again, I would be grateful!

1 comment:

Berbs33 said...

So glad he was such a good trooper for this ordeal as I am sure it is not the most fun he has had in a while! Hopefully he slept through the night and that you have some answers quickly! I will be looking for the sleep study update post in the near future and also watching for those pics of Jonathan.