Friday, August 23, 2013

7 Quick Takes

For starters, I have to say that sending Jonathan off to his first day of school was a really big deal. Both for him and for us. I know it is only preschool, but it is a big moment for us. He couldn't wait he woke up and was ready to fly out the door. As he put his shoes on (he has worn sandals pretty much all summer, but is going to wear tennis shoes during the year so we don't forget to send them on gym days) he says to me, "Mommy, they don't fit!" now go back and read that again with a really big whiny voice. It was pretty funny. I guess we are going shopping this weekend for a new pair of tennis shoes. Hopefully they will last a while, but I am not going to hold my breath!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I have a very distinct feeling that Nicholas is going to very quickly win over all the hearts of the grandmotherly (and grandfatherly) types that are at daily Mass. Our plan is to go Tues - Fri after we dropped Jonathan off in the school, we will then head to the church. Now, if only I can get him not  to talk all through Mass just because he likes to hear his voice echo through the church because 1 - it isn't our "normal" church and 2 - there are not as many people. I am also really excited for Fridays because they are the all school Masses so all the kids will join and it will be awesome. Preschool waits until October which makes sense, gives them a little bit more time to get used to a schedule. So looking forward to daily Mass, because the 7 am and 12:10 at or church just didn't work with our schedule.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 You know it is amazing being pregnant and being able to feel that life moving within you. It isn't always as special when said baby is keeping you awake, but it is still pretty awesome. However, I was able to experience something even more incredible. Last weekend for the first time, Jonathan was able to feel the baby move. His excitement and awe is absolutely priceless. He has had the opportuinity wuite a few times this week to feel the baby kicking and moving around. His awe and excitement is something that really is almost indescribible. I can't wait until this little babe is able to meet his or her big brother who already loves him or her so much and is so excited to hold and love and kiss said baby. I look forward to more moments with my oldest and feeling the newest moving around inside and watchin his face light up. There really is nothing else quite like it!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
So my youngest has this bedtime ritual that drive Doug and I a little nuts. He is clearly tired and ready for bed. We do a little cuddle time and some milk with him. He pushes it away we offer it a few more times to "make sure" he is done. We ask if he is ready for bed and he reaches towards the bedrooom. So we put him in bed. He doesn't stay there long. He climbs down and sits in his room or lays, or does whatever he does, we don't open the door to find out. But, he finds himself by the door every night talking and babbling and just plain making noise. He does fall asleep eventually, but man some nights it can get either frustratin and really entertaining because he can carry on for quite some time. Here's to hoping the earlier wake up and earlier nap will help with an earlier bedtime. Only time will tell.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
So this youngest child of mine decidd that last night, or rather this morning from the hours of 1 to almost 3 it was play time, or at least noise making time. He woke up crying and wasn't calming back down. We brought him into our room and trying to get him to go back to sleep and he almost did many times, but then would "wake up a little again" and start jabbering. Finally, I had enough and put him in his bed in his room and went back to bed myself. I was (am) exhausted and well, I need sleep. :) He got out of bed and laid at his door and fussed a little but it wasn't very consistent and then finally fell asleep on the floor again. I think I am going to talk to Doug and from now on, if he falls asleep at the door, he can stay sleeping at the door until we wake him up in the morning. If he wants to sleep on ghte floor, he can. I think a bed is much more comfortable, but we have been moving hom back to bed every night and maybe we need to stop to get him to stay in bed. So as long as Doug is in agreement, he can sleep on the floor. I will keep you updated on how that goes.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
So, I am a little confused at my oldest and any thoughts or ideas I would take. He has this thing where he will put food in his mouth and chew, and chew, and chew, and chew. It is very clearly dead, but he doesn't swallow it. At least not right away and sometimes not at all. Sometimes it ends up back on his plate. I don't unerstand why, and I don't see a connection with any of the foods he has done it with recently. Even mashed potatoes the other day, which he loves, he did this. It makes no sense to me and I am hoping it stops soon. 


No comments: