Wednesday, August 21, 2013

7 Quick Takes - Wednesday Edition

It has been a crazy filled week so to keep things short and sweet I will do my 7 quick takes (since I missed it last week) and then post some pictures later. Hopefully, today!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Monday, I had my 26 week appointment. Everything is looking good. Baby is right on schedule and measuring as baby should be. My blood pressure was awesome at 99 over 64 and baby's heart rate was great at 147. Go ahead and make your predictions based on that, but I bet they will be wrong! :) We have our level 2 ultrasound next Thursday, so hopefully will have some pictures and updates to post then. Oh yeah, and don't think just because I am 26 weeks I have 14 left. Let's remember my kids need to be evicted so we have 15 weeks left. Just wanted to make sure there was no confusion!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Nicholas' sleep study, we are still waiting on any kind of response from this. I figured by the end of this week we hear something, but I will call them by tomorrow if I have not, because come on, it has been a full week since it was completed. They should have all the info they need since I was told they would have results the same day. I am trying to be patient, but I am not always so great at it. :)
Also, I almost forgot he started to actually use the sign "more" over the weekend. He has been able to use it appropriately for a while now, but refused. Now he uses it frequently (often when he wants something), because he thinks Mommy will cheer and just give him what he wants so now to find tune it.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
On Monday, Jonathan had a preschool ice cream social (come play on the playground and get a tour). He was soo excited he couldn't wait to go play and meet his new friends. It was really nice to have just preschool parents there since the school goes through 5th grade and so knowing exactly who is who will not happen for quite some time. Ice cream was actually frozen lemonade and strawberry lemonade, but for being a really hot day, it was very refreshing for all of us. After, the principal took us and one other family to tour the school and see Jonathan's classroom. He found his name and the friend that was with us is at the same table. The principal also informed us they are right next to his son. That can either be really good or really bad. Time will tell!!!!!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Tuesday brought Back to School Open House. They had time set aside for new families and then everyone else, but you could come when worked for you. It was a little crazy with kids and families everywhere. It was great to meet (or see again in my case) Jonathan's teacher. She is a Shanley grad, just 3 years behind me. She is super sweet and Jonathan told me just today that he really likes her and is excited to have her as his teacher. I also saw my old gym teacher/track coach. Yes, he is still teaching, yikes!! I tried to find him to chat for a bit, but he disappeared. Guess we will have to try again another day. It was fun to see all the activity and we also got to see some families and friends we know from our parish also. One of them, the Olsenawski's (yep that is their last name) had their youngest baptised the same day as Nicholas which is so cool. She may just be the mom that helps me out when this little blessing arrives.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Today we had Nicholas' 2 year check-up. I know it is a little after he turned two, but it was schedule originally for July 31st and well, I was in Dallas. I have to admit I was a little concerned he was going to fall off the growth charts again, but he has not!! YEAH!! He is 28 1/2 pounds exactly, which is in the 50th percentile. SO much better than being in the 9th. He is 36 1/2 inches, which is in the 90th percentile. Yeah, he needs to find a little balance between the 2 but hey, I am very happy. The Dr. was also extremely happy with his walking and how his feet/legs look. This mommy is a very happy mommy! The only "little" drawback is that the Dr. wants to keep him on whole milk for another year. He is growing and progressing, but as our Doc put it, "we don't want to short change him so let's give him everything we can and see if we can get a little more meat on him" lol Love it! That of course means we are also adding a daily pedia-sure to make sure he is getting additional nutrients and keep the growth (in all areas) going!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
So, just in case you are curious, I happen to have my oldest's "measurements" too. Jonathan is weighing in at 39 pounds and 42 1/2 inches (he had hit 40 a couple months back, but ended up losing it because he is so stinkin' active). What does this mean? Well it means he is a healthy growing boy. It also means that his little brother, who is 2 1/2 years younger mind you, is only 6 inches shorter!. Yep, there is not a whole lot of difference in height with them, but there are 11 pounds between the 2. Now, Jonathan is by no means a big kid weight wise but when you add 11 pounds and only 6 inches it really makes Nicholas look skinny!! lol But, we did get the ok from our Dr. that we can switch Jonathan to a high back booster and out of the 5 point harness as we prep for baby! I know he is excited because it means he will move to the back seat, but we might wait a while longer, because Nicholas will miss having him right beside him, and some times having them entertain each other is a great help for mom.


No comments: