Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Don't Hate me.

So, my hiatus is over for this round.There has been lots of happenings in our house as of late. First, I will star with short updates on the boys then all the other random craziness.

Jonathan - He is now 4 1/2 and couldn't be prouder. He asks me almost daily "mom how much am I now with four." It's hilarious to me that being four is just not enough for him anymore. He is still a lover of baseball to the extent that he would play it everyday all day if he could. He also loves to just plain be outside, at all times. He is also getting so big that just 2 weeks from tomorrow he starting 5 day preschool. He will be at Holy Spirit Catholic School and will go in the mornings and I know he will love it. I think his little brother is going to miss him a lot, but we will transition!

Nicholas - My baby just turned 2 last Sunday, July 28th. How did that happen? It seems just like yesterday we welcomed him home. Crazy how time goes so fast. He is now cruising all over. He gets especially fast when he gets something he shouldn't have and I try to get it back from him. Man can he run then, however it is his little running is he doesn't get to far before I can get to him but it is pretty stinkin' cute. He is also doing a great job with his therapies. We are getting closer to changing both of his speech appointments to language and being done with eating, but he still has a few things he likes to bite a few times and then swallow. Most of it goes down, but we are hoping to get a little more success before we transition to both being language, as we have one eating and one language now, but I think it is coming soon. Also on the therapy front, Nicholas has made so much progress in the last year with his occupational therapist that starting next week he goes from 2 OT appts every week down to one. At first I was like, "what?" But he has made lots of progress and we still have the option to add it back in if he starts to fall behind again. I have a feeling we will not need to worry about that. As for his health, everything is going well. We still have no official diagnosis but that is ok. He is making progress and that is what we want to see. He is not yet verbal but is babbling up a storm all day long and understands everything we ask him (or tell him) to do. It has been fun to watch him grow and change so much. It is also a lot of fun to watch him interact with his big brother. He definitely wants to do whatever big brother is doing. Which keeps us entertained and always on our toes.

Doug - He is still working at Fed-Ex and is really enjoying himself. He is on a different route, that runs to Fergus Falls and back, instead of all over farm country. He is also home a little earlier which we all love. He played softball again this year and they didn't do to bad. There were lots of rain-outs which created make-up games, including the entire Friday night part of the final tournament. It made for a very interesting year, but enjoyable none-the-less.

Finally, me - Well, being the one that runs all these crazy kids to appointments and everything it keeps me very busy. Of course add to that my own doctor appointments, we have definitely not had a boring summer. Now, for those that don't know my doctor appointments are because we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our third blessing who will arrive sometime towards the end of November. I am not giving a specific date, because our children don't like to arrive on time and need eviction notices. I am not sure why they feel the need to hang out so long, but hoping for a late November arrival of a happy, beautiful, healthy baby! Jonathan is hoping (and sometimes praying) for a girl. If he is asked he has always said that he wants to have a little girl. We are not finding out, but will learn once baby arrives if it is in fact a little girl.

Ok, so now that I have given the basic updates of all the craziness, I will truly do my best to update at least once a week and then they won't have to be so long. If you are reading, respond and help me stay accountable. We are going to the lake this weekend with my parents so that should bring lots of fun and stories to tell I am sure.  

1 comment:

Berbs33 said...

Love the update and looking forward to many more! I hope you stick with it and believe me I will remind you! I need to get mine updated as well... maybe after football tonight (summer I always seem to slack with the blogging but I will pick it back up come fall)! Glad you hear that everyone is doing well, looking forward to seeing you soon!