Before I even officially start this post I am going to seek your forgiveness and it is probably going to be more of a rant than any actual information as I am a slightly overloaded momma right now, who is a little bit on edge with frustration.
Ok, so for starters, I have not yet recieved any information regarding Nicholas' sleep study. I am not one to just sit around and wait for answers so I called the medical center where he sees the ENT and asked if they had any information and what was going on since I was a week past when they said I should have some answers by. The receptionist was awesome and has been every time I have called. Which I feel kind of bad, because it seems she is always the lucky gal to answer the phone when I call a little irked about something. She was wonderfully gracious and told me she would get on it and call Winmar ( who did the sleep study) herself and see if she couldn't get some answers.
Of course, I didn't hear anything so while I am sitting at lunch with a Mary Kay girlfriend, I was sharing with her that I needed to make sure and call there this afternoon so I can get some answers as to what is going on. I happen to check my phone around that same time and realized I missed a call from that very place. It was actually our ENT herself, which I will say, I love that she calls me directly. However, I am going to give you her message she left because, well I am going to listen to it again right now and type it out, because maybe, just maybe it will help me to wrap my head around it.
"Hi Sheila, this is Sue calling. I have been in touch with Winmar with what the best options are for Nicholas. The suggestions are to start him on a CPAP mask to see if that will helpto facilitate his airways. He will probably need a "hydration" (or something couldn't quite catch the word she used, done in the cities and that just means doing a study that means to just get the correct readings for the CPAP as there is no one locally that does this. I am actually over at Winmar today chatting. They would like to do a visit with you to do a mask desensitization with Nicholas so he will play with the masks and practice having it on so there will be more likelihood of leaving it on during sleep. I will be here for the next few hours if you want to call please feel free to do so. If you want to call Winmar to set that up that would be ok. The direct phone number is ********* and let them know that we need to have Nicholas set up for a desensitized visit. I hope to talk to you soon and hope you have a great day."
Ok, so my initial response is, What????? Are you kidding me. I know he might need it and he clearly has sleep apnea (or they wouldn't be wanting to fit this for him) but he is 2, and you think a single visit is going to help him to keep this machine on his face. He doesn't even keep himself in his bed. How is he going to keep this attached to his face let alone the piece attached to the machine. Sure I might be an overwhelmed mother making more of this than I need to, but He is one of the most active kids I know (specifically when it is time for bed, at night). I am just not sure how this is going to work. Like I said above I need to just vent, so bear with me!!!!
Ok, so after listening to this message earlier, well part of it before I said to my girlfriend, I will just listen later so I can focus lol, we were chatting and she asked when my peri was (our Perionatologist (sp???) appointment which basically is a fancy word for a high tech ultrasound where they can magnifiy up to 5 times to get a really good picture of baby and all of his/her organs). Here is the funny thing, Erika, actually was the tech that did our ultrasound with our current little blessing and then I met her again a few weeks later at a Mary Kay meeting, because she is a consultant! Such a small world. So, back to my point. She asked me when it was as she has been kind of following how things are going. I told her that it is this Thursday. She said, "Thursday, are you sure? They don't come up on Thursdays." Ok, so add this to the phone call from earlier, seriously, are you kidding me. I know when the gal called to schedule it, it took a while to get to the right person. I am hoping and praying they didn't screw something up because Doug took the day off to be at that appointment and if it isn't actualy what we are supposed to have I am not going to be very happy. But, because Erika is just awesome. She is going to check into it when she gets to work. Ok, so she just called me. Oh this day just keeps getting better. The appointment they scheduled for me is not a Peri appointment at all. It is merely with another freaking OB. I already have one. I don't need another OB doc to tell me what my doc told me just last week at my 26 week appointment. OH MY GOSH I want to scream, but my kids are actually sleeping!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, I am done with my rant for now. I will update you as soon as I know anything! Ok, again forgive me for a moment, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGHHHHHHHHH;gagbjk.etwhtg. Sorry I can't release my frustration/anger, because my kids are sleeping, but now I am just plan PISSED!!!!!!!
1 comment:
Hang in there girl! It will get better but too much stress will not help that baby! As for Nicholas and a CPAP, no one appt will not completely help him but hopefully just seeing the machines and playing with them will make him not so scared of them. It will not be easy to get him to sleep with the mask on and will probably take a couple weeks before he is doing it with no problems at all but then again maybe he will just accept it right away. You never know. Hope you can get all the appts straightened out. If you were closer I would take the boys from your for a while so you could just get out and do something for yourself.. might be what you need (a little pedicure or massage or something)! Call me if you need to vent, you know the number and I will do my best to answer ;)!
Post a Comment