1 - First of all, I have to wish my father a very Happy Birthday. He turned 61 yesterday. I have so much to thank him for. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here. I am so grateful for all he has done for me and continues to do for me. I LOVE to see him with my boys because there is so much love and adoration both from the boys to him and vice versa. It is really a beautiful thing. An example of just how much he means to my boys, the second Jonathan woke up yesterday he asked if we could go to Grandpa's to wish him a Happy Birthday. We couldn't so we called instead and he sang (with a little help from me lol) Happy Birthday to Grandpa. Nicholas was also there and he had his own little thing to say. It is so sweet how much they love each other. It really is precious! I am so grateful that we live close and they are able to have that connection and see each other often.
2 - I have to give kudos and thank Doug for all that he did this weekend. We had a somewhat lazy, but mostly productive weekend. I am really working Mary Kay which at times means office hours to get things done. He took the boys to get rid of all recycling and had them hang in he garage with him at different times over the weekend. All while he cleaned and reorganized the garage. Now, I will NOT tell you they came in all clean and handsome like when they went out.They were still handsome, but all kinds of filthy! It was pretty funny! I am so grateful for all Doug did. Not only did he do the garage, he cleaned and detailed the van and put up my Mary Kay "stickers" that go on the side windows so everywhere I go people see that I am a consultant. It really am so blessed with an amazing husband!
3 - My boys are growing up. In addition to all that Doug did he also "re-arranged" the car seats in the van as we prep for baby. Jonathan officially is in a high-back booster and just using a seat-belt. How did this happen?? Seriously, he isn't supposed to be so big yet. What is happening to my baby??? He also was moved to the very back of the van so when baby arrives the infant carrier can go in the captain chair. Nicholas didn't change car seats yet, but we did move him to the passenger side (where Jonathan used to be) so baby can be right behind the driver. We figured this would be best, because it makes it a little easier for me to be getting 3 kids in and out. I can usher the older 2 in the driver's side, get baby strapped in then get Nicholas buckled. Obviously, when baby comes, if this doesn't work the same way it did with Nicholas and Jonathan we will change it, but I think it will be good.
4 - My Father in Law also has a birthday this week. Friday is his special day. It always cracked me up that his birthday was the same "day" as mine, just a different month and the fact that it was the same month as my own father, made it even more meaningful to me. He has been great! I know we don't get to physically be in the same place as him very often (if at all) but, he is making a big point of skyping, chatting and interacting with the boys. It is SO awesome to see this change in him and to see him "evolve" into a pretty awesome Peppere. (Pepe). The boys love to skype and it gives them the opportunity to connect with him and create the relationship that distance doesn't allow. It is at times like these that I am grateful for all the technology, but it will never be the same as seeing him in person. This will happen in a few short months when he comes to visit to meet Baby and for the Baptism. I know Jonathan is super excited and asked just two days ago, after skyping, if we can go to Space Aliens when Peppere comes. It is awesome to see so much love coming out of such a little guy. Jonathan sure is a special one. Nicholas too, is super sweet when we skype. He doesn't quite get the, computer screen piece. He figures if he can see them, he should be able to touch them, so he is always reaching to be picked up and hugged by the people "in" the screen. It is really precious. I know when the time comes to be physically in each other's company again, He will get LOTS of lovin'!
As you can see, I really do have some pretty amazing boys in my life and I have to admit that I really am okay if I am blessed to have another precious little boy to raise and teach all about God's love and just love unconditionally. I know Jonathan really wants a girl, and I am ok with that as well. Only 13 (because mine like to hang out longer than "normal") left until we meet our new little blessing!
No comments:
Post a Comment