Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Ultrasound Results

Well, that was officially one of the longest appointments that i have had and least expected it to be so long! We arrived at 12 and didn't leave the hospital until around 2:30. It isn't as if we were waiting on doctors the whole time either. In fact, we didn't have a whole lot of sitting around wait time at all.

We met with a genetic counselor first so she could get some history on us and our children as well as our extended families. That took about 50 minutes and then we went back to our "room" and waited maybe 10 minutes for the ultrasound room to open up as there was someone in there already. We started the ultrasound with Dr. Rios (who also happens to be Nicholas' cardiologist) checking out pictures of the babies heart as they did an actual ECCO. It was pretty neat. Dr. Rios said that everything looks great. Baby's heart is beating, movin' and grovin' as it should be. Everything is in it's correct place and they don't believe that we should have any issues wit this babies heart. PRAISE GOD!

Of course, this baby can't be any different then anyone else in our family so, super stubborn! They were able to get a few good pictures, but we didn't get any profile pictures. NONE! We were able to see a little of baby's face but not a whole lot, because baby was not flipping over at all. We saw baby's foot. Yes, just one, the other was tucked under butt and wouldn't move it either. Baby's hands were in fists and were not released at all during the entire ultrasound.We tried turning on my right, back on my back, back on my right, onto my left and back to my back. Yep, baby just wanted to sleep. We did get to see baby practice breathing. I don't recall seeing that with either of the boys. It was really neat and quite special! The Perionatalogist also said from her perspective everything looks great so baby should be as healthy as ever.

A few other tidbits to share. Baby is measuring about 31 weeks weighs about 3 1/2 pounds and in about the 58 percentile I am really hoping that baby doesn't grow too much bigger, because I am ok with having a slightly smaller baby this time and not going bigger than Nicholas' 8lbs 12oz. As to the question I know some of you are dying to ask, did we find out? The answer is no. Even if we had wanted to find out the gender of our little Babe, he or she was not in the mood for that to happen as baby would not roll over. I am not going to complain though because baby is in a great position; head down and facing backward. Just the way he or she should be as we get closer to D-Day. Now, hopefully that position will stick until baby comes. There is just one thing I am a little concerned with and for this reason, I am praying that it is boy. Baby's feet are measuring at 33 weeks. Yup, you read that right, 33 and I am only 30 and 2 days. Please sweet baby either stop your feet from growing or come out a boy! Sincerely, Mommy!

1 comment:

Berbs33 said...

6 weeks since an update.... you were doing so good! Time to get back to it! I look forward to the next post coming soon :)