This morning was a funny morning. I went in to wake my boys and Jonathan was actually awake. It was nice to have him get up rather quickly and help him fix his bed. He also told me he didn't want breakfast. I didn't force it as they have snack at school, but we have to monitor if that continues.
We had to school, drop Jonathan off and then run to a fellow consultants house to grab a product and then on to church for Adoration.
I truly cherish this time (most of the time) with my boys. It is nice to just be in His presence, even when the boys are a little off the wall. Today was a bit of a challenge. Nicholas was just a wee wet (coming through is shorts wet) so we need to get a diaper change towards the beginning of our hour. Of course for him, we left the chapel therefore that means it is time to go. Yeah that was not the case. He was not a very happy little boy and I literally had to pick him up and almost drag him back into the chapel. He did get over it with some tantrums in between. At one point I was having a conversation with Jesus and I admit I actually said, "You said, let the children come to you, so here we are. Crabby screaming and all." I know maybe not my brightest mom moment, but I am being honest!
The best part however, happened as we were leaving the chapel. Nicholas always love to put his hand in the Holy Water and bless himself. Most of the time, he gives himself a pseudo mo hawk because his "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit." reside pretty much on running his hand from his forward backwards, but he is learning and I love it. Today he started with that and then as I stood watching and couldn't do anything fast enough, he discovered that that if you push the bottom of the font, it lifts up. Well, it lifted up all right and he re-baptized himself all down the back of his head, coat, shorts and all over the floor! Yup, I couldn't help but laugh. I was literally on my hands and knees trying to wipe of the water laughing because well, what else do you do. It was hilarious and he looked so surprised and then of course tried again because he LOVES water. So thankful to one of the gals that is in after us. She took it out and held on to it while I "scrubbed" the floor. I hope the church appreciates my scrubbing! ha ha He then preceded to squeak as he walked which continued to make me chuckle. All in all it was a very eventful morning and I wanted to be sure and share it with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment