Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Cardiologist -Sept 4th - 1 yr follow-up

We just came back from our cardiologist appointment for Nicholas. He was crabby, tired and kept wanting to make a run for it. lol typical 2 year old right??

I do have to say first of all, I am a little concerned, because according to their scale he was 27.6 WITH shoes on!! Umm, yeah that means either 1 - he has lost weight (again!!!) or 2 - the scales are that much different. I am going to hope the scales are different, even though they were the exact same scale, maybe they were calibrated just a tish different. Who knows. The appointment was quick and painless, for the most part. Nicholas doesn't like to be held down or still for any reason at all, so he was a little crabby while Doc was checking his heart.

We do have good news though, as the Doc put it, "from a cardiology standpoint, he looks great. Let's keep checking him once a year with annual checkups and ECCOs." The reason they want to continue with the ECCOs yearly is because of Dr. M's (geneticist) feeling/thoughts that there is still some Marfan tendencies in Nicholas and she, as would Dr. R (cardio), would rather monitor and stay "on top of it" because if he does have some pieces of that it could mean his heart could stretch at any time. I am ok with this. It is not a negative at all in my opinion, but just that the doctors are on our side and want to be proactive with our little man and not just "hanging" by the sidelines. All in all it was a great appointment.

Since Jonathan was in school I took the opportunity to run to our chiropractor. I have had a very sore hip region and just haven't made it in to him and it creates just a few problems. One being if I lay flat on the floor, I can't get back up myself because of shooting pain, or if I do, it is excrutiating. However, I feel much better right now! :)

Ok, that is the updates for now. Oh, one more thing, I have posted more posts this year than the past 3 years combined! I am pretty proud of that and I am 21 closer to my goal of 50 for the year and I still have 4 months left. That means if I post 8 each month I will reach my goal. Let's go for 10 a month just to make it fun. That means I will hit 60! Sounds good to me. I have just set a new goal. 60 posts by Dec 31st at 11:59pm!!!!

1 comment:

Berbs33 said...

Glad to hear the good update. And yes staying proactive if a good thing, just in case something shows up in the future. Glad you were also able to get in the dr, dont want those hips bothing you already as you still have a few months of pregnancy to go! Keep the posts coming, I am impressed as the last couple times you started blogging you stopped just a few posts! Stick with it, eventually it will just be part of your weekly routine (well that is until the boys start playing sports and you no longer have any free time- or maybe that is just me)!