Ok, so my cousin the wonderful Mandy has challenged me to post a blog for every day of November since it is apparently National blog Post month. I didn't really know a thing even existed, but i am going to do my part to stay up with her and post something for everyday. I am a few days behind so, here goes to get started.
I will put the date at the top for each day so I know I have posted for everyday and I will also try and post extras if I can to make it a little more worthwhile reading and not just a paragraph to prove a point of posting, I want them to be worth something and mean something. So today's post (from Friday) is going to be about my youngest son.
Nicholas has a crazy (and yes, I seriously mean crazy) obsession with toilets, and water. I was trying to get some work done and both boys were up from their naps already. They had snack and were playing. Jonathan had been a little trying, but they were both doing pretty well. I hadn't seen Nicholas for a while and figured I better go find him and investigate what he was doing.Yeah, good thing I did. He had my watch and was splashing it in the toilet. Yes, that is correct, my watch in his hand coming in and out of the toilet. So grateful it was clean water, but still, GROSS! So, I gave him a little swat on the butt and brought him out of my bathroom, out of my bedroom and shut both doors behind me. I then went back to what I was doing (which of course, I don't know what it was but apparently it was enticing to Nicholas to keep "sneaking" away).
All of a sudden, I hear a "crash" more like a shatter. I thought Jonathan was maybe playing in the bathroom because he had gone in to go potty. I checked on him and I think scared the heck out of him, and he said, "I just went poopy mom, now I have to wash my hands." I felt a little bad, for scaring him, though at times he is playing in the bathroom, but not this time apparently. :) So I head to my bathroom and what do I find, my dang youngest back in my toilet. I find my watch down in the bottom of the toilet and a glass glass shattered in the toiled and slightly bigger pieces elsewhere. I pick him up, give him a little swat on the butt and put him in the playpen (which is where he was napping during the day) so that he was "stuck" and I could go about cleaning everything up. Once I got that picked up and throw in the garbage I go back over to him and realize he is bleeding. Of course, I now feel like a horrible mom, because I didn't notice sooner (yes, I know it has been maybe 5 minutes and I was cleaning up other broken glass, but I still felt awful!). To try and get the bleeding to stop I try to apply pressure and keep him from hitting me. Now if you would like a visual, here you go, I am sitting on the toilet seat lid (closed obviously) with Nicholas on my lap. I am trying to hold his left hand still so I can apply pressure and get the bleeding to stop. He of course being 2 and hurting a little wants nothing to do with sitting still. He wants to be all over everything. I grab a band aid and try to put it on his finger. Hoping that it will keep him from bleeding all over. Of course I get it on (not tight enough of course) and the little stinker rips it right back off. Well, I am not going to waste another band aid on that. So, I have the novel idea to turn on a Mickey and then hold his hand (with pressure on the finger) until the bleeding subsides.
Thankfully, he sat very still and calm once Mickey was on so I could do just that. He still wasn't crazy about it, but at least he tolerated it so I could get the bleeding to stop. Let's just say I was not a very happy mama, but I did get a little cuddle time with my boys out of it, so trying to look on the positive side of things!
No comments:
Post a Comment