Friday, November 8, 2013

November 4th

I am trying to stay focused on all that God has given me and to make these posts about more than just "a post." Some may seem a little far-fetched or crazy in it's entirety, but bare with me as I am going to make this month challenge happen even if that means I am posting the last few on the last day of the month with only a few moments to spare. I will complete this challenge, I will. I will have a post for everyday and maybe more if baby decides to make his or her arrival I may have to post a few pictures or something.
Today, as I do every Monday, I have adoration from 9-10 in the morning. It is meant to be a Mother's (or Father's) hour. Meaning that anyone and everyone with young children area more than welcome and all who are there know that it will not be the quietest of hours, though we do try to keep it to a dull roar! I love the gal who does Adoration with us. Her name is Mona and she is actually the mother of a gal I graduated with. She is always so patient and doesn't mind all the ruckus (which occassionally Nicholas makes a lot of). We always start with our rosary which is such a peaceful time and I love that Mona also asks how everything is going.
Well, today Mona asked me for some prayers. It seems that her mother had a stroke and a heart-attack yesterday and was not doing very well. She asked for prayers and that we continue to always stay close to our Lord. Mona also has an amazing way to always make me feel wonderful, even on the days when Nicholas is trying my last nerve, she says something and it just makes it all better.
As, she was leaving today, Michelle, who was there to cover part of the next hour, asked what her mother's name was. I honestly for a moment was taken back, and then had to laugh a little. Her mother's name is Alice. Of all the names in the entire world, she has the same name as Grandma. It made me a little sad, because of course I still miss her dearly, but it also made me laugh and know that she is up there raining down prayers to help Mona's mom. I do not know what kind of help that will be, if she will help intercede for her healing, or if she will be praying for Alice and all of her family and God calls her home. Of this I am unsure. One thing I am certain of, is that she will be there praying and doing all she can to ask God to be with Mona's family whatever the outcome may be and that, well, that makes me so very happy!

2 comments:

Berbs33 said...

So you made it 4 days before taking a break! I am guessing you are not going to do this challenge being as you are already 13 days behind but I am hoping you get back to blogging and document these last few days/weeks of your pregnancy and life as a family of four! Eek, baby is going to be here so soon!

Berbs33 said...

Dear Dominic: I am not sure why your mom is trying to keep you all to herself and not share your arrival and pictures with the blogging world but I wanted to let you know that we love you and can't wait to see you again soon. And when I do I will take some pictures and post them so that everyone knows that you have arrived (and are a boy and have a name)! :)

See you in 11 days!