Thursday, January 29, 2009

Stubbornness, it runs in the family

Well I know some of you are wondering if we went into labor because I have not updated or posted in a few days. But let me just remind you that my track record for posting is not always that speedy. It happens to be a little more frequent now that I am home, but there are still many other things I should be doing. ha ha ha. Anyway, things here are still as they were. Here is the updated version from the Doc on Tuesday.

On Tuesday we had the non-stress test, an ultrasound, and my weekly appt. The non-stress test we passed with flying colors. The nurse was very impressed with how active our little one was. Doug and I agreed it is definitely our child, and well my insides have been soccer balls from the very beginning for this little peanut, so we didn't expect anything less. The heart rate actually hit 180 because peanut decided to do some dancing and well the nurse was rather impressed. She said we have a wonderfully healthy and rambucoius little one. We could do nothing but agree.
Next, the ultrasound. We reminded the tech that we didn't want to know if it was a boy or a girl, and she said that was no problem, but at this stage it is hard to tell, because they are so smashed in there, that there isn't a lot of room for them to move around or for the techs to see anything. Again our baby was right on target. The measurements she took placed us right around our due date and she said, everything looks fantastic. She also said this one is rather comfortable in the womb, and yeah, we are kind of thinking the same thing.
The last thing for the day was our actual doctor's appointment. We were there early and actually were able to be seen early, which I didn't expect. Dr. Greg said everything looks good, we are doing well, and there seem to be no problems. The only problem is that this little one is just not ready to leave its current comfy home. We are still at 1 cm and 50%. Nothing has changed in that regard. The baby is getting into position but still has not made the drop which means that nothing is really going to happen until this little one finally decides to do so. So now you can see why the post title is as it is.
We have an appt. schedule for next Tuesday the baby still remains stubborn. It is at that point that we will discuss induction. The sad part is that I have already lost my original doctor because she just had a baby, so I transfered to her husband who has decided to take next week off to be at home with his family, which I can't blame him for, but it still stinks. So I am now left with Dr. #3. Now let us all say a prayer that she does not go into labor before me, because if she does, then we will have to have a doctor I have never met, and well I would prefer not to have that happen. I would really like to have Dr. Greg, but if this little one doesn't cooperate, well then we can't exactly do anything about that. So, I am signing off still pregnant and hoping this little one decides it actually would be more fun to come out, because then I wouldn't get beaten and abused every night with the kicks and the punches, because peanut is running out of room. If only the baby would realize how much more room there is on this side.
Praying and hoping to meet our little bundle soon, but the end is in sight, even if that means being induced. Please continue to pray as we are getting a little anxious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you're right on with your assessment, that little peanut sure is yours :) Of course we've all been keeping you in our thoughts and can't wait to meet your little one, whenever she, hehe, decides to come. At least you'll have a good "When I was pregnant with you..." story to tell when pnutty gets older :)