Friday, January 16, 2009

Freezing Friday

So today started very slowly. It is somewhat cold outside and my desire to get out of bed, just wasn't there, but I still have a few days left of work, so I must keep moving. On my way to work this morning I was able to enjoy the beauty of a day just beginning. You see I am also enjoying the fact that it is no longer completely dark when I leave my home in the mornings. I prayed my rosary on my drive and I even arrived at work early. I thought that was a great start of the day. Today also marks my official last day as a "teacher." I was done actually teaching classes on Wednesday, but I still had to grade papers and get the grades sent out this morning. I now feel that I can relax a little and if the baby comes at any time that is ok because I have done everything I need to do. now I am just "biding" my time.
If we are wanting a countdown, then I guess that would put us at 11 days. Now how many woman actually deliver on their due date, I ask you? Not many that I know of. We are preparing for the baby the best we can. now that I am not bringing work home, hopefully I will have more energy at home and be able to get more done. We are also thinking this little one may arrive, late, but only God knows that for sure. We will keep you updated. I may have to start adding just little notes everyday letting you know how things are going. My last official day at work is next Thursday so I am also counting down those days and I am down to 3. It is kind of nice that my last week of work starts with no school on Monday because of Martin Luther King Jr Day and then Tuesday being the Inauguration we are watching it so that means not a lot of classes for that either.
So for now, here is the countdown. We have 3 more days of work, and 11 more days until due date. I am curious to know what your thoughts are on the arrival of this little one. Please leave a note and let us know what you think we are having, how big and when the little munchkin might arrive. I pray you all have a blessed day.

16 comments:

Berbs33 said...

Wow it is getting so close! I am just so excited... and I am praying that the day you bring that little one home it isn't 40 below zero (this weather is horrible). Here is my prediction:
He will arrive on January 25th sometime around 10pm and he will weigh in at 7 pounds 6 ounces and he will be 20 inches long! Which means you really only have 9 days left... good luck and be sure to keep the updates coming!!

Sheila said...

Okay Mandy, I will add you to the calender. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelia, I can't beleive you only have 11 days left! I think you are going to have a little girl, She will be 8 pounds 1 ounce and she will arrive on your due date (its way too cold to, why would she want to come early!) I hope you are doing well! Stay warm. Marissa

Anonymous said...

i think it will be the 27th, a boy for sure and it will be 9lbs 10oz

frankie

Anonymous said...

Silly, silly people.

I have no feeling about the sex, but I hope it's a girl because I'm selfish and have a crazy theory. Haha!

It will come on January 20th... it wants to share a birthday with ME to make up for hating me for no reason! DUH!!!

As for weight and height... Sheila- you'll have to check the chart at work for what I said at your shower. I found some crazy ways to connect both to 311 and now I can't remember how. Hahaha!

Love,
*The one who Peanut hates*

Anonymous said...

...3 more days of work, and 11 more days until due date...

Just realized as I actually went back to read... 311!!! WHOO-HOO!!! ':oP

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm.....I'm thinking a boy, since we already have a girl in the family.

And I'm going for the 31st, since you have a habit of raining on peoples parades. :)

I have no idea on inches, so I'm not even going to touch that.

For the weight, I'm going to be mean, I'm sorry. It's going to hurt, plain and simple. I'm going 9lbs 9oz.

Your loving brother, Eric.

:D

Anonymous said...

-sheila-
I have thought about you often lately. I hope everything is well. Im sure you are both excited, anxious,nervous, happy etc etc. All to be expected by an expecting mom! Wont it be so fun to be called "mom". My prediction is Sunday Jan 25th at 2:40 pm. Weight 8 lbs 3 oz and 21 inches long(the sand height kicks in) :) Keep me posted- Aunt Mary

Sheila said...

I love it. You are all keeping me very entertained. Now I do have to say Frankie an Eric you are both going to be disowned if the baby comes out with your weight prediction, so be prepared.

Berbs33 said...

I told Frankie that was not very nice but he seems to think that his prediction is right... and you don't even want to hear his prediction for the weight if the baby comes late!!

Sheila said...

Apparently Frankie has not looked at many pictures. Once this little one arrives I will share what the Dr. has the baby at for weight, but if I share now it will ruin all of your predictions, and they are funny. You should tell Frankie he should add if it comes late. I might be interested to know how badly I have to kick his butt he next time I see him.

Anonymous said...

I say Jan. 30th in the early evening (think 5:30-6:30). It will be a boy simply because you know too many people with girls, me included. I have an idea on weight from you...but I still say 7 lbs 2 oz because that is the exact weight that falls between my two girls. I love you and you are in my prayers.

Stephani

Anonymous said...

Oops, forgot height...20 inches!
Stephani

Sheila said...

I love it. I am keeping track of all of these. I will let you know who is the closest once the little one arrives.

Anonymous said...

...

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheila! I am assuming a baby boy 8lb 2oz. Born on January 27 at 8:02PM. Hope your feeling well. Can't wait to hear more about the little guy (ok I guess it could be a little girl too, but not with my prediction).
-Kayla-