I know my 2nd post in one day. I think we should all take a moment of silence..... Okay, now that's done. So I wanted to share a short little story with you. I have been truly blessed with my Doctor. She originally started as my NFP teacher and then once Doug and I married she became my doctor when I switched over to his insurance. To say that I have one of the best doctors around is an understatement. The practice first of all is called, "Mercy Family Practice." That means that all of the doctors are Catholic, which is amazing. It happens to be 2 husband/wife teams. My doctor of course has been blessed with another little one of her own and is due in 2 weeks which means that she unfortunately will not be able to deliver me, but we have set my next 3 appointments up with the other 3 doctors so Doug and I have a chance to meet them, hopefully before we get to the hospital for delivery day. Anyway, I am getting sidetracked. Today was the last of my 2-week check-ups. Since I am now 361/2 weeks I get to go see the doc every week. Such fun. :)
As we were finishing my appointment and answering all questions my doctor said, "Well I won't see you again until after the baby is born, but there is one more thing I want to do. I want to pray with you." Yes I live in New England, Massachusetts of all places and my doctor prayed with me today. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. How blessed have I been that I have been able to find a doctor that understands what Doug and I want as well as fully and completely upholds the teachings of the Catholic church, and she prayed with me. Really in a way she prayed over me. She prayed for me and the baby, that we have a speedy delivery and that whatever we are blessed with, be it a girl or a boy, it is healthy and vibrant. She also prayed that Doug and I continue to be Godly parents and raise our children in the church and that this child may not only follow us, but find the Lord and follow Him. How amazing is that. I am still flabergasted. I was well amazed. God is SOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!
3 comments:
I am so happy that you have found a doctor that you can truely trust and one that has the same beliefs are you. Also that you were able to meet the other doctors before you deliver (hopefully). I can't believe you are 36 1/2 weeks already, that little baby could arrive any day now! I was only 36 weeks 2 days when Colton was delivered so have made it longer than me alredy! I hope you are doing great and enjoying these last couple weeks of your pregnancy because the crazy and awesome journey is about to begin!!
Thanks, I feel we are pretty blessed. I have a feeling it will be a little while yet before this little one makes his or her appearance known. Don't worry I will let you know as soon as I can. However know that it may be a little while. :)
I'm so happy for you guys! I know how you feel. We have the same situation with our doctor and I honestly don't think I could move away from her because she is so awesome. I can't imagine doing it otherwise. Congrats to you for that!!
As for me I'm 35 weeks tomorrow and I think this one is going to make a break for it early. Maybe our babies will be born the same day!!
Post a Comment