Monday, January 7, 2013

God's Little Gifts

I know the Lord is always with me. I know I may not always feel Him and at times, I am mad at Him (but that means we have a close relationship right? lol). I also know that if I need Him all I have to do is call His name and He will be right there. It is amazing to me just how much we are LOVED by our God. I have a couple of GREAT examples for you.

First of all, Friday was a very hectic trying day, in which I had hoped to finish cleaning the house and getting my inventory done, the list goes on and on. Instead, I spent 4 hours at the clinic with my mom and my little man. I don't need to go into that because I have already posted about all of that. Well, here's the thing. God knew how hard that was all going to be for me, and He planned many many years ago that I would read this day in my devotional.

Do Not Plan
 
Shew us They Way, O Lord, and let us walk in Thy Paths.
Lead us in Thy Truth and teach us.
 
 All is well. Wonderful things are happening. Do not limit God at all. He cares and provides.
Uproot self - the channel blocker. Do not plan ahead' the way will unfold step by step. Leave tomorrow's burden. Christ is the Great Burden-bearer. You cannot bear His load and He only expects you to carry a little day-share.
 
A.J Russell
God Calling - January 4
 
Tell me that isn't God planning ahead for me, knowing that I was going to need that except devotion on that day. Now, don't think I just picked up a book and started it. No, this is a book I have been reading daily since college. Every year I start fresh and read it again, so I have read this many times, but NEVER has it soothed me and guided me like it did on Friday.
 
Now, one is great right? Well, He did it again just the next day. You may read it and not see the connection and that is ok. I do and it speak to my soul, just how out of my hands all of this is and in a way, at least right now, that is oddly calming. Now, I am sure it won't stay that way, because I am human, but this is how it is right now. So this next one is the same book God Calling by A.J. Russell from January 5.
 
Hoard Nothing
 
Love Me and do My will. No evil shall befall you. Take no thought for tomorrow. Rest in My presence brings Peace. God will help you. Desire brings fulfillment. Peace like a quiet, flowing river cleanses, sweeps all irritants away.
You shall be taught; continue these prayer times, even if they seem fruitless. The devil will try by any means to stop them. Heed him not. He will say evil spirits may enter in. Heed him not.
Rest your nerves. Tired nerves are a reflection on, not of, God's Power. Hope all the time.
Do not be afraid of poverty. Let money flow freely. I will let it flow in but you must let it flow out. I never send money to stagnate - only to those who pass it on. Keep nothing for yourself Hoard nothing. Only have what you need and use. This is My law of Discipleship.
 
The last paragraph is important, but not what hit me the most. I mean go back and read it again. How amazing is out God! You know I have read and re-read these many times, but I have never felt them speak to me like they did Saturday night.
 
Ok so, you want to again see the power of our God. Well, here ya go. This is from the same book, but last nights devotion, January 6th.
 
Sharp and Ready
 
Guide me, O Though Great Jehovah,
Pilgrim through this foreign land.
I am weak but Thou art mighty,
Guide me with Thy powerful Hand.
 
You much pray. The way will open. God cares and His plans unfold. Just love and wait.
Love is the Key. No door is too difficult for it to open.
What cause have you to fear? Has He not cared for and protected you? Hope on. Hope gladly. Hope with certainty. Be calm, calm in My Power.
Never neglect these times; pray and read your Bible and train and discipline yourself. That is your work - Mind to use you. But My instruments must be sharp and ready. Then I use them.
Discipline and perfect yourselves at all costs. Do this, for soon every fleeting thought will be answered, every wish gratified, ever deed used. It is a fearful Power, a mighty Power. Oh! be careful that you ask nothing amiss - nothing that is not according to My Spirit.
All thoughts harmful must be turned out. See how necessary I have made the purity and goodness of your own lives to you. Son, you shall ask and at once it will come. Welcome the training. Without it I dare not give you this Power.
Do not worry about others' lives. You must perfect yourselves first in My Strength.
 
I don't feel as though I need to say much beyond that. This is still going to be a difficult time of waiting and "wondering" but clearly God is in control and has me and my family in His Hands and I need not to worry. How amazing is our God!!


3 comments:

Berbs33 said...

AWESOME DEVOTIONS! Love all of them, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Alright, I posted again, your turn! Don't leave us again, you can do it - stick with it!!

Sheila said...

I don't plan on going anywhere!