Friday, January 4, 2013

Big day!!!

So we had our PEIP (Parent Education Information Person) out today. She comes out once a week and checks on our family. How are we doing, how is Nicholas doing, are we feeling his therapies are helping/hurting, how is Jonathan doing with all of this, and so on. It is kind of funny because in the year that we have had a PEIP, we are on our third. The first had a baby, went on maternity leave so we had Stacy, and then Nikki didn't come back so we got Megan. They have all been great, so I have nothing to complain about there. They have also been an amazing support system as we go through all of this and try to process and deal with all that is being thrown at us. There have been days when I am just at a point where I can't even function and they are great in helping to listen and also refocus me onto all Nicholas has accomplished in the last year. It really is amazing.
One of those great amazing things is that our little boy took his first steps today. I am a little sad that Daddy wasn't there to see, since all his other big milestones we have been together to see. It was awesome though to see it with someone else. I think Megan was just as excited to see our little guy take his first steps as we were. Jonathan cheered even more loudly than Megan and I, and I think that made it even more special!
Our little guy is growing up. Both our little guys, unfortunately, they aren't so little anymore. I can't believe how fast they are growing. I am hoping time stops for a bit so my little man (Jonathan) can't turn 4 next month. Crazy how time flies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So awesome that he took his first steps. And when he does it with Daddy hoeme it will be a first all over again and just as special.