Here are a few pictures from the great weekend.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Update - Part 1 - Annual Family Gathering
Okay so I have a few pictures I thought I would post and share with all of my (4) faithful readers. We really enjoyed our time back home with my family. It was great to see my cousins and to meet a few of their children whom I hadn't yet had the opporunity to meet. It was a great time had by all. My family has a tradition that started with the first get together a few years ago, at least that is what I am told, this was my first time to attend the wonderful event. My family choses teams and plays catchphrase. If you have never had the priviledge of playing this, you need to get a few of your family or friends together and give it a whirl. It is quite entertaining. My cousin Mandy's team has never lost so she was talking some big smack. She even sent cards to all of our family members with a picture of the winning team from last year explaining how the reigning champs were once again going to dominate. Well, her team started out very slow. My team one the first game by a lot. It is best 2 out of 3, so they weren't dead yet. The 2nd game, we were winning again, but they got ahead of us and one by one point. The third game proved to be the most challanging one yet. We were neck and neck the entire game. Of course there was some cheating on Mandy's team which allowed them a few points. when it came down to the last point, there was a discrepancy. Basically what it came down to was needing to do a redo. If there hadn't been a need for a redo Mandy's team would have won, but there needed to be a redo, because of the error. Well this of course didn't sit well with "Queen Mandy" so after we won the game, she couldn't just be a loser, she had to be a sore loser and explain to everyone that we won because of cheating. Ohh, I sure hope that next year she is able to accept the loss that is coming her way once again.
Here are a few pictures from the great weekend.
Doug, Jonathan, and myself shortly before the catchphrase saga began. I think it is a very nice little family photo. Thanks mom for taking it.
Cousin Alecia with son Riley(21 months), Myself with Jonathan(5 weeks), Cousin Mandy with Colton(2 1/2). We have a picture similar to this only we are the babies and our moms are holding us. The three of us are only 6 weeks apart so we wanted to take a picture to have to compare to the one from 28 years ago. Wow we got old.
Here are a few pictures from the great weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful gathering! The pictures are great! Jonathon is just precious and he is getting so big. Happy Easter. Check out my blog...I just started one...
www.domandafam.blogspot.com
Okay you team did win... but I still think there was cheating involved (althought that was happening on both teams). There will be a rematch next year and I believe I will be kicking a few people off my team!
Post a Comment