Friday, August 14, 2015

7 Quick Takes - Friday Edition

7 Quick Takes ~ Friday Edition

Boys will ALWAYS think that anything to do with "pottying" is funny. No matter how old they are! Heaven's help me as I have 3 of them; 6, 4, and 20 months.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Even when my children are screaming (crying because they aren't getting their way) and wake their only brother who WAS still sleeping, I still love them. I love them even more when they are all back asleep and quiet once again reigns in our home. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I feel truly blessed that I am home with my kiddos everyday. There are some days when I go a little crazy, because I AM HOME with them everyday. But, when I can take a 4 mile walk with them (the 2 younger as the oldest is at VBS) and just enjoy the beautiful weather and other things God gives us it is a great day. Even better when I can do this 2 days in a row!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spending time with family is one of the best things in the world! Hanging with my family at my parents new lake hpuse this weekend. We are all so excited to spend time together as a family and enjoy the water as it has been HOT!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When your kids play together and just have fun while running around outside and end up literally dripping with sweat. As dirty and gross as they can get it is such a blessing and makes this Mama's heart soar and pray that it only continues to bloom and they grow closer and become the best friends anyone could ask for!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The pure preciousness of watching your child, who normally is all over during Mass, screaming, kicking, hitting, whatever he feels so "called" to do in that moment, sitting criss, cross, applesauce on the pew. Sitting at the END of the pew with NO ONE on the other side of him and he could take off at any moment (no, never happened before - ha ha ha ha ha ha) and he didn't. He sat just breathtakingly still and quiet and even joined me kneeling for a few minutes towards the end of Mass. Seriously, I am so blessed. Thank you Lord for that beautiful gift!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The best one from this week. You know you are Catholic raising Catholic kids when you have to say to your children, sometimes numerous times a day, "Put Jesus down. I know you love to give Him kisses, but you need to leave the crucifix on Grandma's China hutch."

No comments: