Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Here is where we are!

So a little frustrated are some of us, but realizing that there are so many hidden blessings. I dont know how much time I am going to have or how much I am going to want to sit on the computer while my mom is still here, so I will share what we know at this point.

Our doctor's appointment yesterday really was not what we were hoping for. Nothing at all has changed. We are still only 1 cm and 50% so that is a bummer. We were also hoping that if nothing was happening that we would be induced maybe tomorrow, but that has also now changed. After spending 3 hours in the doctor's office and the hospital for the non-stress test and the ultrasound, we went home with this knowledge. Our little one is slightly stubborn, but wonderful according to all of our test. The ultrasound was fabulous and everything looks just wonderful. The non-stress test we were there for an hour hooked up to wonderful monitors. Then they wanted me to drink more juice because the baby wasn't as active as they like to monitor, but let me tell you, it was only because he or she was taking a little nap. This one is a very active little bugger. We also found out that I actually have contractions. My body is capable of having them. I didn't actually feel it, but the monitor said I had one, so I am going with that.

Ok, so all of this information means what exactly? Well that is exactly what we wanted to know. Here is where we are, if we do not deliver on our own by Friday, we are to call the Dr. and an induction will be schedule probably for Sunday or Monday, but I am leaning towards Monday. Which of course means that my mother will have to leave before this one comes, but we have realized that and we have accomplished much with her here so I am forever grateful for her coming. So now, everyone is updated and you know that nothing is happening yet. We are hoping for something, and still positive that maybe my mom will be able to meet her grandchild before she leaves, but we know that it may not happen. We are asking that you all continue to pray for us. We are doing well, but getting a little anxious to meet this little blessing. Any prayers or things you want to offer up, that would be greatly appreciated. But also please keep all unborn babies and their mothers in your prayers and let us remember that God has a specific birthday for each one, and we have to be patient and wait on him. Thanks for all your support and the notes really help. :) I have included a pic of the non-stress test. No I don't look glamorous, but it is a picture to see that I really am pregnant and hoping to meet this little blessing soon.

4 comments:

Lazywife said...

Aww, sorry hun. Glad to hear baby is fine, but I know what it's like to want baby out. Prayers!

Berbs33 said...

Wow girl, I am thinking of you! And for being a week overdue I think you look amazing! You are glowing and actually look quite happy in the picture. And I think it is awesome that your mom was able to come and be with you guys this week even if that means that she will not be able to meet the little one before she leaves (it will just give her a good reason to come back). We are keeping you, Doug and Baby Jordan in our prayers and hopefully when that baby does decide to join us out here in the cold it will be a quick and easy delivery! Take Care and get lots of rest. And keep us updated, I know you have lots of other things to do but if you have free time just add a post that says "No baby Yet"!!

Anonymous said...

Haha! Was the pic to prove Amy wrong? Lol! She told one of the students (jokingly!) the other day that you were in hiding because you didn't want us all to find out you'd been lying this whole time. ':oP

Mostly importantly, just glad to hear everything is well! If you notice... Sunday is Feb 8th... which is my real prediction once I got over the whole "sharing a birthday" idea. Hush with your Monday business... stick with Sunday. ';o)

We all miss you TONS and can't wait to hear the news!!!!

*HUGS!*

Anonymous said...

Isn't it weird when you leave there, and if they had you hooked up to it for the induction, how it's so quiet. I got really used to the heartbeat sounds and almost missed them after Kateri was born, it's a soothing noise.

Congrats!
Nicki