Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Unpacking - Books

Ok so this is going to be a rather short and sweet post but I have to share.
First, earlier this summer my mom found this amazing bookshelves on the side of the road, FREE.  Yep, that's right free. There were 4 in all. Each one standing 6 ft tall, 2 of which were 39 in wide and 2 that were 27. Well the two 39 in one's fit perfectly in our guest bedroom. So I have them I there awaiting all of my books in boxes in storage. Well I had one because here in the garage that had been in the apt.
I opened it up to get another box empty and start getting the shelves filled. In my going through them and seeing all the books. I honestly got giddy when looking at some of the books and how we are going to incorporate them into our school year this fall. I know there will be MANY posts on our homeschooling adventures.  Especially this year being our first.

3 comments:

Berbs33 said...

I look forward to hearing about your homeschooling adventures. I know I couldn't do it, I don't have enough discipline (or knowledge) to keep my kids focused and learning for 6-7 hours a day!

Sheila said...

You dont have to. 2-3 is really all it is especially jn the primary grades.

Berbs33 said...

Not sure I could even do 2-3 hours. Besides if I told Colton I was going to homeschool him I think he would runaway... he loves spending time with his friends at school and his social skills are awesome because of it and it is a great break for me too :) I am actaully looking forward to sending him back to school in the Fall! Also I have made so many new mom friends becuase of him making friends at school... win/win for both of us!