Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Update

Okay so Jonathan is resting right now in the sling around my shoulder so I have both hands free and hopefully he will sleep for a little while and I can post a few posts and some photos.

First I will share a brief synopsis of his arrival. We went into the hospital Sunday night to start the induction process. Jonathan decided he didn't want to come that day and wanted to pick his own birthday. My water finally broke on its own after being in the Hospital for 28 hours. Once my water broke at 1:30 Tuesday morning things progressed rather nicely and quickly. He arrived a mere 4 hours later. He was a bundle of joy from the very beginning. Doug cut the chord and he was placed right on my stomach. It still sometimes feels a little surreal, but I will say that I loved the hospital and the nurses were amazing, but I was so glad to be home. I will now leave you with a few pictures from the days in the hospital.

You have to love pictures like this. Babies yawning are always so darn cute.

4 comments:

Berbs33 said...

That last picture of him yawning is priceless! He is just perfect Sheila, I really cannot wait to see him and cuddle him in less than 3 weeks!

Sheila said...

Thanks, I am looking forward to it also. Hopefully we have great flights and everything goes well. Only 16 days and we will be there.

Berbs33 said...

I just had to tell you that the picture of him yawning is my new background on my computer here at work and everyone who comes to my desk thinks he is super cute! Can't wait to see you guys!

Sheila said...

Yeah, my son is famous and he is only 23 days old. How awesome is that. 2 weeks and we are there, I will see you in 16 days!