Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy Birthday

Ok so Happy Birthday... to me. So this post is a few days overdue, but I haven't had a chance to sit down and share how my day went and how wonderful my husband is.

My day starts of course with me having to go to work, so I get up, go to the gym, come back get ready to go and actually leave early. It is something I am trying to get better at so I don't have to deal with quite as much traffic. I start a little muffed because my husband, God Bless him, doesn't even tell me Happy Birthday, but he also wasn't really awake, so I shouldn't fault him, but we all know how well that works. Anyway I call my mom on the way to work and wish her a Happy Anniversary, because as God designed 27 years ago, I was born on my parents 3rd Anniversary so if I ever forget I am in so much trouble. Now occasionally my dad gets sent to WI or MN for training or seminars for work, but no, this time he had to be sent to Ohio. He has never gone that far for work before and wouldn't you know it, he had to be there over their anniversary. So my drive to work started with talking to both of my parents and wishing them a happy anniversary, which was a wonderful way to start my day since I couldn't be with them.
Now, I knew that for my birthday, Doug had purchased show tickets to see Jesus Christ Superstar, in Boston which is incredibly exciting and because that isn't for another week and a half, he wanted to take me out to dinner so we did that on Sunday, so I wasn't really expecting anything, but sure hoped I at least got a card. I got home and he wasn't home for work yet, but during the course of the day, he had sent me a text message saying supper was all taken care of because it was my birthday and he told me happy birthday so he redeemed himself, sort of right? Now on the drive home I give him a call because I am getting kind of hungry and want to know when were eating so I know if I should eat something to tide me over, or if I should just wait, and well he wouldn't tell me, so I ate a little something anyway. Now I am relaxing, and let's just say I am really glad I didn't put on my pj's which sometimes after work, are so comfortable to get into. The doorbell rings right around the time he should have been home, so I figure that he was bringing supper and just couldn't get the door open, so I head down the stairs to get the door, and I hear voices, and I think, oh, well that's odd. I get to the door and see two of our friends standing there. Yes, my husband redeemed himself. He called them and asked them to come over for supper, dessert, a movie, and to celebrate my birthday. It was great. I really appreciated it and it meant a lot for have them over as we almost always go over to their house. Now if only I can get him trained to make sure the house is a little cleaner next time, but you can only train them to do a little at a time. :)
But to summarize, it was a great birthday all around. I had so many people call to wish me a happy birthday, I felt like the most popular woman in the world, and so loved. So if you were one of those people, thank you. It meant the world to hear from you on the day in which I entered this world, and I am grateful for each one of you that the Lord has placed you in my life. I hope I can make you feel the same on your special day.
Also may God bless anyone who has a birthday in May as it is the month of our Blessed Mother of Mary. May she send a special blessing on you and yours and fill you with graces from above.

3 comments:

Lazywife said...

Happy (late) Birthday! I'd forgotten that we share a birthday month! Cheers to May girls!!

Berbs33 said...

Happy Birthday (late I know). It sounds like you had a great brithday, Doug did a good job!

Sharon said...

Hey! Happy Belated birthday!
I didn't know we share a b-day. Great people were born on May 8th, right? ;)

I'm glad you have a blog. I'll be reading!