As I sit this morning in the quiet of my house, which I might add is a very rare occasion, I am filled with peace that all is well in this moment. There has been a lot that has happened mostly in the month of July but right now, I am jot sure I am emotionally or mentally ready to embark on a post about any of that. I will get to it, just not this morning.
This morning I am going to bask in the silence of my home where there are currently 6 children. Yep, six. 2 are outside playing, the 2 that I watch for my mom, my niece who is visiting is sleeping downstairs and my 3 boys are all, in this moment, sleeping in their room. There are so many things I could, rather, should be doing but I am taking a moment to just relish in the peacefulness. If I have learned anything from the events of July, it is to take each moment and cherish it, because you can't get it back and you don't know what the next 5 minutes will bring. It makes me think of a song by Steven Curtis Chapman. I will leave you with his lyrics to ponder.
"I can reminisce the already. I can worry and fret the not yet. When it all comes down to really, it all comes down to right now. So right now, I'm living the next 5 minutes, like these are my last 5 minutes. Because I know the next 5 minutes may be all I have. And after the next 5 minutes, turn into the last 5 minutes, I'm taking the next 5 minutes and starting all over again. Yeah. Starting all over over again.
If a moment God has given is precious, every heartbeat, every breath I take. You'll never have them back once they left us. There will never be another right now, so right now I'm living the next 5 minutes, like these are my last 5 minutes. Cuz I know the next 5 minutes may be all I have. And after the next 5 minutes turn into the last 5 minutes, I'm taking the next 5 minutes and starting all over again.
Oh, whoa, oh, whoa, oh, whoa. This is the day, this is the hour, this is the moment that will always be.
I'm living the next 5 minutes, like these are my last 5 minutes. Cuz I know the next 5 minutes may be all I have. And after the next 5 minutes turn into the last 5 minutes, I'm taking the next 5 minutes to start it all over again. I'm starting all over again. Going to start it all over again. Going to start it all over again. Oh yeah, oh, whoa, I'm living the next 5 minutes like these are my last 5 minutes yeah. I'm living the next 5 minutes. I'm gonna live, I'm gonna live like these are my last 5 minutes. I'm living the next 5 minutes oh yeah, yeah, yeah."
Now just as I was finishing up I hear my baby waking and then I hear my oldest talking to him and the best laugh I have ever heard from the baby. So I am going to enjoy the next 5 minutes with the boys.
2 comments:
So important to live in the moment from time to time! Life gets crazy busy and before you know it years have gone by but you will look back and remember and cherish those 5 minutes that you took to just enjoy and appreciate all that you have and all that is around you!
It is so true. If I hadn't been sitting there wiring up a blog I would have missed the way Dominic was laughing at his big brother.
Post a Comment