A few weeks ago my parents came for a visit over the weekend. It was a wonderful time. They came in on Friday and left on Monday. Of course the visits are never long enough, but we enjoyed it none-the-less. Mom helped me clean and get some things done around the apartment. Dad and Doug sealed all of our windows for the winter and it really makes a difference. We don't pay the heat, but we still want to help out and try to make it all cost a little less this winter. We also did some shopping. We did do a lot of looking. We went to Target and showed mom and dad a lot of the items that were on our registries, so that was a lot of fun. We also went clothes shopping, because I needed a few more items for the winter, namely sweaters, I found three, so that was nice. Then they left, which was really hard on all of us, so we are hoping that through God's help we will be able to make it through the next few months.
**********
**********
Work has been challenging. I am still at The Learning Center for the Deaf and working my little hind end off. I am teaching 2 high school Math classes, and it is an adventure everyday. We are doing fairly well. We are all hoping and praying that they are able to find someone soon to replace me, so I can help with the transition but, we are still waiting. Who knows.
**********
On a really really really exciting note, Doug and I are going home in 3 days, that is right 3 days. We are both so excited. It will be the first holiday we have ever spent with my family, and in a way we are getting two in at one time, since, I don't really have the "clearance" to travel in December. :) We are hoping for a comfortable and relaxing trip. When we come back I am sure the countdown will be starting for Christmas and then the arrival of this little bundle of joy God has granted us. We are looking forward to spending time with family and getting away for a few days. Let's all pray the weather doesn't hinder our trip.
**********
Saving the best for last, at least for right now. I was hoping I could find my camera, but it is still hiding, and well I am getting a little annoyed, so anyone who wants to help me pray that we can find it would be great. We really want to bring it home at Thanksgiving. That is not what I was saving for last however. What I was saving, and truly it deserves a post in and of itself, but for now, because I can't find my camera, we will have to use this and I will be more elaborate when the camera returns from its hiatus. So I have the best friends and family in the whole wide world and it starts with one or a few in particular. My best friend Stephani, who of course right now lives way too far away, decided that she didn't like the idea that she was not going to be able to throw me a Baby Shower, so she took it into her own hands to throw me one anyway. She enlisted the assistance of my lovely husband and my mother to help get as many e-mail address as possible so she could send out an e-vite to everyone and ask all of them to shower us with loves, hugs, kisses, cards, and gifts if they could. She set this up to happen for a week, and I was completely in the dark. It was amazing. We received a lot of love. We are very excited to have so many wonderful people in our lives. Thanks you Steph for coordinating it. Thank you mom for helping her get all the families e-mails, and Thank you Doug for always being so helpful and wonderful. I love you all. Hopefully when my camera decides to return I can take some pictures of what we received and post it, but until then this will have to do.
**********
Okay so I think I have posted enough shorts for now. I am hoping to post a few more times in the near future, but we will also be running around like chickens with our heads cut off as we try to make sure we have everything packed and ready to go for our trip on Tuesday. I will literally arrive home from work, a little early, and we will jump in the car and cruise to the airport. Here is to hoping there isn't a lot of traffic and we can get bulk-head seats on the airport, or this mommy to be might be a little uncomfortable for the 2 1/2 hour flight. But you can't put a price on family and this is what it is all for. For now, I am signing off, so I can start getting things together. I will be back, and hopefully in a more timely fashion. Hopefully I will be able to post from my parents about all the goings-on, but it will be busy with 6 adults for the weekend and 3 kids, and an additional 4 adults and 3 kids for Thanksgiving Day. I love family.
1 comment:
Loving the updates - hope they keep coming! I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit with your parents. And I am sure you are excited to come home in a few days! I wish we could see you guys too but hopefully soon enough you will be back here for good and we can see each other whenever we want. And about the shower, I am so glad that you were surprised. I thought that was the best idea, and you guys are so deserving! Now you should be even more ready for the little addition to join your famliy!! Well I think that is enough rambling, and by the way I posted so TAG YOU ARE IT AGAIN!!
Post a Comment