Thursday, June 12, 2008

Wordless Wednesday

Okay, so I have decided that God's sense of humor is well... funny. Many of you know that I work at The Learning Center for the Deaf. Now that of course means that I know sign language. I love my job and what I do. The kids and their antics always crack me up. Now I am an aid in the High school and I love it. However I did have a slight mishap Tuesday into Wednesday.
I woke up Tuesday morning with a cold and a cough. It didn't seem to bad so I didn't really worry about it. We had a graduation Tuesday night for some friend's of ours only son, from eighth grade. We had a lot of fun and of course we had a dinner afterwards and there were quite a few people in a small area. Needless to say we were all trying to talk and hear each other, at the same time. Can anybody see where this is going yet? Anyway Doug and I came home and went to bed shortly there after. I woke myself up a few times through the night with my coughing, but didn't really think anything of it until I was fully awoke in the morning. Yes, so again it is a very good thing I can talk with my hands, and I don't just mean like Italian people tend to do, I mean it is a very good thing that I know Sign Language, because I had absolutely no voice what-so-ever. I went to work and was very good at not even trying to use my voice at all because I wanted it to come back, because of course the night before (Tuesday) we had set up to take my mother-in-law out for her birthday. Now I am thinking to myself, this should be interesting, I can sit there and say nothing. Well that is pretty much what happened because I still had nothing but a slight squeak as of last night. I awoke this morning, still feeling a little under the weather. I had a doctor's appt. already pre-scheduled which worked out well for me because she could check everything out for me. There didn't seem to be anything except for a slight cold and some hoarseness to go with it.
It is now Thursday evening. I have some of my voice back, but I am still awaiting its full return.
So yes I have found the happenings of the last few days to be a slight insight to the humor of our Lord. Thank goodness He has given me the gift of knowing another language which just happens to not need my voice.

No comments: