What a day. I thought I would get no paperwork done today because I babysit some Saturdays. I love the girls I watch. They have some of the cutest mannerisms. The 2 1/2 year old is talking up a storm, and at times, I really have to think about what she is trying to get me to understand. Okay, to be completely honest, sometimes I just can't get it. But she tries anyway. They are so good. It is fun to spend Saturdays up here.
Anyway, back to my thinking I was not going to get my paperwork done. I was talking to my mom last night and she asked me if I had finished a few things I should have done a long time ago, and of course being the procrastinator that I tend to be, I am working on this, hadn't done it yet. I was sharing how I was hoping to get it done sometime this weekend. Now let me tell you how much of a genius my mother is. A few of the things are paperwork that I need to organize and some of it needs to be set up in spredsheets on the computer. Now mind you my mother and I currently live in completely different states and she has never been to the house where I babysit, but clearly she was using her head more than me. She said to me, "why don't you take the papers with you and do the spreadsheet while you are babysitting and the girls are napping and e-mail it to yourself?" Well, I have to thank my mother who is a genius because I finished my spreadsheet and have a few more things to input into it when I get home and then most of my paperwork for taxes is finished. Anyway, If you haven't yet, make sure you tell your mother how much you love her and how much you appreciate her. Don't wait for special days, but make every day special.
2 comments:
I love the title of this post... I have to agree we are the best, hehehe. Glad to hear you got your work done.. it can be hard to get anythind done with little ones running around!!
You are slacking on keeping this updated... just kidding! Do you guys have any plans for Valentine's Day?
Post a Comment