Okay so I was hoping to have a post or two while I was home for Thanksgiving, but that didn't happen. I didn't even hardly check my e-mail, we were rather busy. It was great to go home and spend time with my family. We arrived in Minneapolis on Tuesday evening and my Director with Mary Kay picked us up. Michele was awesome and such a gracious hostess. Her family was wonderful and we had a lot of fun.
Wednesday morning we met my sister-in-law and niece for breakfast. It was great to see them and chat. Then we started the journey to Fargo. My grandpa and aunt met us at breakfast and we headed North while my sister-in-law went back home. When we arrived in Fargo, it was a little chilly but not too bad. We enjoyed a wonderful meal on Thursday with my immediate family as well as my grandparents and one of my uncles and his family. It was a crazy busy day, but it was fun.
Friday mom and I had planned to go shopping. Not the crazy early hours like 4 am, but a little later in the morning. When I got up and went upstairs I found, we may be leaving a little later than planned. The foster son my parents have ended getting sick. It was awful. Doug got up and said he didn't mind staying with him so mom and I were able to go for a little while, but came back because he still was not doing so well. Of course this was also the day that my mom had booked an appointment for us to get our family pictures done. Then came the task of finding someone to come over and sit with Alex while the rest of us went to take our pictures. I will say they are some of the best I have seen. The photographer was really good and captured some great shots. Of course she was good at her job she has a great name, Sheila!!!!! ha ha ha
Anyway, Sat. and Sun. were fairly low-key. We just hung around home and didn't do too much. i of course was a little caught off guard because I thought my parents and Doug and I were going to do our Christmas since we couldn't travel again, but that didn't happen. It ended up okay though because yesterday the package from my parents arrived and now our little 3 ft. tree doesn't look so bear because there are gifts under it. YEAH!!!
The only problem we ran in to was the flight back, but I think all of that needs to be in a post all alone.
1 comment:
I am glad you had a good visit! Hopefully you will be living back here soon enough so we can all see you (and the little baby). I can't believe you only have 43 days left (maybe even less). How are you feeling? Well I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year and we will talk to you soon!
Post a Comment