Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

I just wanted to take a moment today and share with all of you what a special day today is. My Father turned 56 today, yes he is young. :) He has been an amazing father and I am so grateful that I have the relationship that I do with him. I do wish we lived a little closer, but for now that is not to be. He is a man that has strength that seems to come from places I don't always understand. He also has a heart that is huge, both him and my mom. One piece of evidence that shows that is the foster care they have done for the last year and a half. They love the children that are placed in their home as though they are their own. I am so grateful that my parents open their hearts and help children that maybe don't have the childhood they should. I am also so grateful for my parents just being my parents.
I love you mom and dad. Dad I hope you had a great birthday and I can't wait until I can call you or present you with your newest grandchild.
Happy Birthday Dad, I hope and pray we have many more yet to celebrate.

3 comments:

Berbs33 said...

Happy Birthday Dennis!!

And I will totally agree that your parents are amazing, it takes a lot of work and a huge heart to open your home and your life to foster children and they do it like it is part of everyday life. They are truely an inspiration!!

Sheila said...

Thanks, I will make sure I tell them that. Love you Cuz! :)

Berbs33 said...

Love the baby tracker - although 100+ days seems so far away but that little one is going to be here before you know it! Hope you are feeling awesome and I will talk to you soon!