Okay so I realize that I had a ticker on the side letting everyone know how many days until my best friend arrived, and then well I didn't share anything with anyone about it. So this post is going to be all about that. I will try and give you the sweet, short and condensed version, notice I said try.
Steph arrived on Sunday afternoon Aug 3. We (my husband and I) picked her up and started the drive home we decided to stop for a nice dinner somewhere so Olive Garden it was. On our way there Stephani and I chatted and got all caught up with everyone and everything. It was quite comical, because she mentioned to me in the car that before she left she chatted with her mom and told her mom that if, when she arrived, I was 5 months pregnant she was going to turn around and get back on the plane and fly home. My husband and I thought it was quite amusing.
Anyway, we arrive at Olive Garden and I give her a card, because her birthday was in July and yes I mailed one, but I wanted to give her another. So I gave her the card and she opened it. She proceeded to get excited and came around and gave me a great big hug. Now mind you she never made it past the cover of the card. Yes, that is right folks she didn't even read the inside, oh the pain in my heart! So we had a nice dinner and enjoyed each other's company.
Monday we decided to make Monkey Bread, because we both love it and well, I don't want to eat it alone, so she was here to eat it with me. :) Then we went out and did a little shopping and I got my hair cut which was really fun, because I lost about 8 inches or so, so my head is so much lighter.
Tuesday was our really busy day. We decided to get up early and go into Boston. Stephani had never seen Boston and we wanted to take some time to see it and of course stop at Harvard on the way. It was a great day. When we got to Boston we did the Freedom Trail and truly enjoyed ourselves, but we were in so much pain from walking by the time we were done that we went to a book store bought a few books and went back to North Station to wait for our train. It was nice to just sit. I believe we had a really good time. I of course miss her lots and lots, but hopefully my husbands job will go through soon and we will be able to move a little closer and see each other more often. The prayers are going Heavenward.
Wednesday I think was probably the roughest of days. We had to leave my house by 4:15 to get her to her flight on time. Now that is not 4:15 pm, that is 4:15 am, yes it was an early morning, but we truly enjoyed ourselves. It was a great time, and hopefully we can do it again soon. Love ya Steph.
Okay, okay you want to know what the card said? It said Aunt.
2 comments:
It was a wonderful visit which had the unfortunate side effect of me just missing you more! You will be a wonderful mother Sheila, I just hope I get to see it firsthand. Love ya.
Yes agreed, the side affect stinks, but we will see each other again soon. Of that I am sure. Keep the prayers going and eventually we will be back home.
Post a Comment