Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Weather

It amazes me how the weather can change so quickly. Last week on my week off from school it was gorgeous, the sun shone everyday and I relished in the beauty of the glorious blue skies. Today and yesterday however it is a slightly different story. It has been raining, cloudy, overcast, and cold. It is a blessing however that we did get some rain as many brush fires were starting all over the state and in many parts of New England. I do have to Thank God for small blessings, however, as I am not currently back home closer to my parents right now. Not that I don't want to be close to Mom and Dad, I do, I am just glad that I wasn't this weekend as they received 9 inches of snow Friday into Saturday. Yes you read that right, I did not say rain, I said snow, and a lot of it. For that and many other small blessings I am currently very grateful. It reminds me of many years ago when I celebrated my birthday with a snow storm. Now for those that know me, you know my birthday is in May, so that is a little odd, but I did grow up in Minnesota so it isn't out of the question. Though it doesn't diminish my wanting to move back there, because the weather can do whatever it wants, if you are with family it can often feel like the sun is shinning even if it is raining cats and dogs.

Of course we all know that God is a God of many blessings and jsut as I am getting ready to post this He allows the Sun to shine through the rain filled clouds. What blessings he places in our lives. Thank the Lord that we are able to see them for what they are.

No comments: